Monday, July 2, 2018

Good Eats: 4th of July

My husband and son on Grand Lake, MN
Okay, so I love the 4th of July. It's just fun. It's patriotic (which I totally am), it's full or awesome food, and fireworks! I am like a little kid when it comes to fireworks. Growing up, I spent my 4th of Julys on a lake - swimming, boating, tubing, knee-boarding, jet skiing, cruising! One year we participated in the boat parade and had a little boat pulling a giant water raft. Not a floatie (or do you spell it floaty? I've seen both!), but a lake raft... the kind that is anchored out in the lake that you swim out to and jump off of. Between the amount of children on that raft and the size of the raft, it took us an exorbitant amount of time to get around that lake. Every other boat passed us. And the parade was well over by the time we made it back. But it was so fun. Occasionally we make it to Minnesota over the 4th, but not this year. My Utah 4th of Julys are very different. If I'm straight with you, they took a little adjusting to. I wanted the lake! But now I find them equally fun. It's really about the people we spend them with and all the amazing food.
My crazy, amazing family... 4th on the lake in MN!

So... speaking of food... here are some awesome suggestions if you're still looking for ideas! Let's start with dessert... because I believe life would be so much better if we could always start with dessert! The Kitchen is My Playground has the best Red, White & Blue Cheesecake Bites... I mean, look at these things. And they're so darn simple. And will be the hit of your 4th of July fun!
In charge of the meat? Or the grill... here's a great BBQ Chicken Kebab recipe... umm, just look at this picture. Yum. Give it up to Fabulously Frugal for this great 4th of July grilling idea!
Lastly a side... because we're usually asked to "bring a side to share" when we're off to someone else's festivities. I love the Skinnyish Dish (formerly knows as Daily Dose of Pepper). I've never been disappointed. Here's her take on a lower cal option for BLT Pasta Salad. One word... bacon! 
I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe 4th of July! Eat great food and have some good belly laughs. And enjoy some fireworks!!

And don't forget to put your entry in for the book giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment