Saturday, February 9, 2019

Exciting News!

How is it Saturday, again? I mean, I feel like the week went by in a whirl. And this weekend is doing the same. My baby girl turns seven tomorrow... so not only am I thinking, where has the week gone? but I'm thinking, where the heck have the last seven years gone? I know you other moms out there can relate.

Exciting news... my official website has been launched and I'm so excited to share it with you! Check it out and spread the word! Along with launching the website, I have launched a new program called Junior Writers. My son told me recently that he wanted to be like me and write a book. Okay, really?? Heart = puddle. For someone who sees words as Mt. Everest, it was the most amazing thing ever for him to ask if he could write a book! And then I felt all humbled because I realized it was me that inspired him. He watches me go at my novel, day after day, and it motivated him. I mean, wow. So, with him in mind, I thought it would be so fun to do a workshop for aspiring young writers. And then my friend came in the picture and the brilliance of Junior Writers was born. A creative writing workshop for elementary-age kids. And you know what? It filled up in just a few hours. It made me so happy to know there are so many aspiring writers out there! Since then, I've been hard at work putting my program together for our first class in March!

The other day I stumbled upon this awesome reading challenge, and I immediately hopped on board with it. If you know me, you know that I love books. And reading goes hand in hand with writing. I'll spare you all 50 challenges at once, so we'll start with the first 10. I really had to think about some of these. And I'll try not to duplicate my book responses. Want to join me???

Read...

  1. A book becoming a movie- I've done this so many times I can't even count: Harry Potter series (after book 3), The Hunger Games series, Divergent series, The Help, One Day, The Cider House Rules... oh the list goes on. And yes, the book is always better.
  2. A book that makes you nostalgic- A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini or Atonement by Ian McEwan
  3. A book written by a musician (fiction or non-fiction)- I have racked my brain for this one and I accept this challenge...
  4. A book that you think should be turned into a movie- The Lost Wife by Alyson Richman or My Life Nextdoor by Huntley Fitzpatrick
  5. A book with at least a million ratings on Goodreads- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
  6. A book with a plant in the title or on the cover- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
  7. A reread of a favorite book- A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini (yes, I know I said I would avoid duplicate answers, but this one is a free pass since it is a reread)
  8. A book about a hobby- A House in the Sky by Amanda Lindhout 
  9. A book you have meant to read, yet still, haven't- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury 
  10. A book with an article of clothing or an accessory on the cover- Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin

No comments:

Post a Comment