Saturday, May 8, 2021

Submission Season

Photo cred: Suzy Hazelwood

It's. Finished.

Whoa... I swear I never thought I would say those words. Nose-deep in the thick of it, I swore the process of writing and editing this book series would never end. But alas, I'm here, saying this series is as good as I can get it on my own. And though I'm completely biased, I have to say it's pretty darn good.

So what's next?

The submission process. It's an equally exciting and terrifying process. The pressure to get it right is enormous. Not only can the smallest deviation from the criteria get your manuscript immediately tossed, but even if you have the greatest international bestseller ever, if you can't wow with your proposal, out the door it goes. 

But almost everything great comes to us from outside our comfort zone. It's time to unequivocally believe in my work. It's time to put on my thick skin and get to work. My work will never get published sitting on my desk. So here goes.

The first submission is out the door. Fare thee well my baby, make your best impression.   

You only fail if you stop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment